The Spring 2012 Evenbase Quarterly Recruitment Review of jobseekers’ changing attitudes and behaviour, plus business confidence in the recruitment market, is now available to download.
This report is run by independent brand tracking agency HPI, and shows two key findings since our last report:
- Jobseekers, whilst still downbeat, are showing a spirit of quiet determination to stay competitive
- Job boards remain the most popular route to market for recruiters, but they using fewer agencies as personal networks become a more important part of their recruitment mix
Around a third of people surveyed felt that the jobs situation was worse than a year ago, which was broadly in line with our last report, although there is now a slight demographic shift – about 25% of 18-24 year olds thought that things were better than last year, but only 8% of 45-54 year olds and 15% of 55+ respondents felt similarly.
For recruiters there was a sharp drop in vacancies – with a 27% fall in the number of vacancies advertised (from 7.87 per business respondent surveyed last quarter to 5.74 in Spring 2012). The corporates were showing a small increase in hiring, with the number of SMEs and smaller businesses hiring showing a drop.
Other key findings in the report include:
- Jobseekers are becoming more pro-active – there’s an increase in the numbers sending CVs directly to companies that interest them. And a desire to see more company information on job boards
- Jobseekers are also continuing to use job boards in large numbers
- Recruiters are increasing their use of social media and personal networks whilst jobseekers reduce usage of social and business networking
- The use of personal networks by recruiters seems to have come at the expense of their use of recruitment agencies, down 6% since our last report
- Recruiters are preferring to search for CVs themselves on job boards, showing less interest in daily CV e-mail services
Download and read our Spring 2012 Evenbase Quarterly Recruitment Review for further insight and commentary on the changes in recruiter and jobseeker behaviour…and let us know about your experiences.
- Jobseekers Concerned, Recruiters Becoming More Resourceful – Exclusive Recruitment Research Our Winter 2011 Quarterly Recruitment Review of jobseekers’ changing attitudes and...
- Exclusive Research Shows Cautious Approach from both Jobseekers and Recruiters The Summer 2012 Evenbase Quarterly Recruitment Review of changing UK...
- Research Shows Jobseekers Becoming More Proactive The Autumn 2012 Evenbase Quarterly Recruitment Review of changing UK...
- Infographic : Proactive Jobseekers Going Mobile We recently shared on our Jobseeker blog this infographic summary...
- Exclusive job seeker and business research now in Our Winter 2010 quarterly review of job seekers’ changing attitudes...