This role would ideally suit someone looking to work in a small friendly organisation.
In light of the nature and context of the work of our client, they consider that the successful applicant's race and gender (Black/Asian woman) to be an occupational requirement in accordance with Paragraph 1, Schedule 9, of the Equality Act 2010.
Spoken knowledge of Punjabi, Hindi or Urdu is also essential for this role.
As a Receptionist you will undertake the day to day management of the reception area and carry out various administrative tasks when required.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
* Managing the reception area and answering the phone promptly and politely
* Dealing with all service users and callers in a polite and courteous manner
* Making appointments for staff members using both manual and computerised systems
* Filing and maintaining an accurate filing system
* Collecting and distributing post as and when required
* Ensuring all interview/meeting rooms are kept clean and tidy
* Ordering stationary as required and maintaining stationary stock
* Assisting with general administrative duties including typing, photocopying etc.
What you'll need
* Good knowledge of reception and telephone systems
* Strong office/organisational skills
* High level of IT skills
* Previous experience of working with women, especially black/minority ethnic women, in a voluntary or paid capacity would be beneficial
* Experience in a similar administrative/reception role would also be beneficial
* You will have a commitment to challenging poverty and all forms of inequality and injustice
* You'll also be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
So if you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click 'apply'. You will receive an email shortly after your application which you will need to read.
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this Receptionist role click 'apply' and follow the instructions on the site to ensure application is complete.
You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read and respond to this to complete your application by Midday, 23rd January 2017.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.