Responsible to: Principal
Accountable to: IT & Estates Manager
Actual annual salary: £11,212 - £12,161 (points 14-17 on the SFCA salary scale)
Tenure: 27½ hours per week, all year round. 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
To act as first point of contact for all visitors to the College, deal with telephone enquiries and messages, and provide clerical support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To act as a first point of contact for all visitors to the College.
- To manage the telephone system, dealing with enquiries and passing messages when required including logging staff absences.
- To deal with student enquiries when necessary.
- To provide administrative support for other College departments as and when required.
- To undertake programming of I.D cards and access control.
- To provide front of house security ensuring no unauthorised entry into the College.
- To inform departments of student absences using the corero REMs messaging function.
- To ensure the efficient distribution of all incoming mail and the franking and collection of outgoing mail.
- To liaise the franking machine company as and when required.
- To liaise with the Post Office to ensure the College receives a quality service with respect to the collection of mail.
- To undertake any other such reasonable duties as requested by the Principal or designated alternative.
- The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the statement of conditions of employment and our equal opportunities policy.
- This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post and is subject to review following consultation.
- The post holder will be expected to take their annual leave during College holiday periods.
This post is subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Gateway College is subject to the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 which requires that any candidate appointed must produce:
- A DBS clearance certificate
- Proof of identity
- Proof of qualifications
- Proof of the right to work in the UK
- Suitable references
All of these documents must be produced BEFORE commencement of employment.
Gateway College is an equal opportunities employer, committed to equality in employment and services.