Formel D is the leading global service provider of the automotive industry. We develop market-leading concepts as well as individual, scalable solutions along the entire automotive value chain – from development to production to aftersales.
The company was founded in 1993 at its headquarters in Troisdorf near Cologne. Today we employ over 6000 people from 45 nations in more than 80 locations in 19 countries. Passion drives us, professionalism makes us stand out and team spirit makes us successful. We work at the core of the industry that moves us every day.
For our subsidiary in United Kingdom, we are seeking;
Automotive Paint Sprayers, Preppers ,Polishers, Smart Repair for different projects across the UK.
You may also be a Car Sprayer or Car Polisher or Vehicle Paint Sprayer or Vehicle Polisher or Paint Technician or Smart Repair Technician or Prepper
Location: North, Midlands and South of the UK.
Also commutable for:
Crewe, Birmingham, Chester, Manchester, Liverpool, Warrington, Stoke-On-Trent, Newcastle under Lyme, Nantwich, Wrexham,Oxford, Banbury, Abingdon, Didcot, Witney, Farringdon, Chichester, Andover, Basingstoke, Crawley, Gosport, Portsmouth, Waterlooville, Woking, London, Reading, Southampton, Birmingham, Warwick,Leamington,Stratford, Sunderland, Dunton, Dagenham
Contract Length: various contracts available depending on projects
Hours: 40 to 84 hours depending on the project
The successful Paint Sprayer, Prepper or Polisher will have:
- Experience within an automotive manufacturer ideally although candidates with experience from a bodyshop, crash repair centre will be considered.
- A keen eye for detail
- A passion for high standards and proven track record of working to high standards
As a Vehicle Polisher your job will involve:
- be confident using the necessary hand/power tools and materials required to complete the job.
- experience working in a similar high-standard automotive environment preferable.
- be confident using all the necessary tools and materials, have experience with or be happy with working in automotive production environment.
<As a Vehicle Prepper your job will involve:
- Allocate and remove imperfections on panels prior to painting
- Mask/protect any areas adjacent to panel(s) to be prepared
- Smooth unmasked surfaces with sandpaper removing gloss
As a Smart Repair your job will involve:
- Repairing dents, scuffs and scratches and paintless dent repairs
- Formal qualifications in paint spraying, vehicle refinishing, body & craft studies (or similar) to city & guilds or nvq level are highly desirable, however proven work experience in a relevant vehicle preparation or spraying environment will also be considered.
Why Formel D?
- International Brand: you will be part of an International Company at the heart of the industry that drives us every day.
- Competitive rate, international opportunities and a great working environment
- Gain experience: opportunity to work and cooperate with market-leading customers in the automotive industry (manufacturers and suppliers). We offer a different experience into the automotive industry.
- Challenging experiences: through various project challenges, it is ensured that the learning curve never decreases and diverse experiences can be gathered.
- Learning Opportunities: employees will learn a vast variety of procedures and processes as well as the latest technologies that the sector has to offer.
Welcome to Formel D. The driving force