Business Technology Services & Business Change
Direct Line Group is a new organisation, with a clear vision: to be Britain’s best retail general insurer. We have market leading positions in the UK in personal lines motor and home insurance. We’re home to some of the nation’s best-loved brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag, Tracker and NIG.
On the 16th October 2012, Direct Line Group completed a successful Initial Public Offering (IPO) on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) and now we’re embarking on an ambitious set of projects that will set the course for our future success.
And now’s your chance to be at the heart of it, benefit from working on one of the biggest technology and change transformations, becoming central to our fresh start. Our unique opportunities could change your career, giving you the opportunity to take the lead in building a new and pioneering technology and change function for the Direct Line Group.
We’re currently recruiting a number of positions covering the end to end technology and business change lifecycle. Our range of disciplines includes:
Strategy & Architecture
- Defines the overall IT & Change strategy for Direct Line Group and ensures it is delivered successfully and sustainably.
- Ensures the IT & Change strategy is aligned to and meets the future needs of our business and customers.
- Identifies and manages the IT & Change demand as part of the wider strategic planning process. Details the business requirements for strategic and local change.
- Shapes programmes and projects to set these up for the delivery and development functions to take forward.
- Information services provide Management Information for pricing ,underwriting, reserving ,risk & financial crime
- Manages and supports our Infrastructure base.
- Migrates our infrastructure and applications out of Group
- Engineers new Infrastructure solutions
- Works with Architecture and Strategy to deliver innovative change
Programme Support Office
- Supports the function in terms of reporting, resourcing, controls communication and risk.
- System Development Managers responsible for the development of critical strategic projects / programmes and enhancements to the existing systems that support the Direct Line business. Experience gained from managing on shore and off shore development is a critical requirement."
Career benefits and rewards
It all starts with a competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do. We’ve made sure your annual holiday entitlement is attractive too – and what’s more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
That kind of flexibility is a key feature of our benefits package. And there’s plenty to choose from, including:
- Pension funding of 9% of your base salary – you can choose to contribute less or more than this
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Private medical cover (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
Find out more on the specific opportunities within these areas and to take the lead with us at