Customer Insight Manager - London
£40k - £55k pa + Fantastic Benefits| London| Permanent
Customer Insight Manager
Reporting to the Head of Customer Experience & Insight, a globally recognised high street department store are looking to hire a talented Customer Insight Manager to work in a rapidly expanding office in central London.
The Customer Insight Manager will be responsible for driving the origination and adoption of customer segmentation and insight, putting it at the heart of strategic decision making across the brand, by leading the Customer Insight team to deliver great customer & market insights to support, challenge and drive brands strategy, commercial and customer experience plans.
The successful Customer Insight Manager will use extensive technical expertise, combined with commercial awareness to drive customer-led change. The Customer Insight Manager will partner with key leadership teams and stakeholders at both strategic and operational levels across the key commercial functions (Customer, Commercial, Retail and Operations).
Responsibilities for the Customer Insight Manager:
- Responsible for defining the target customers to inform the customer and overall divisional strategy, propositions and plan
- Develops, maintains and refreshes the customer segmentation model
- Provides a clear understanding for the business of these customers, their evolving needs, attitudes and behaviours
- Collaborates with Group Customer Insight to develop the value segmentation model to dovetail with the target segmentation to drive a deeper understanding of our customers.
- Responsible for leading the synthesis of complex customer and operational data, market information and consumer research outputs into clear commercial storylines
- Recommends and manages the annual research plan and budget, ensuring it addresses the key strategic priorities and delivers great value for money
- Proactively creates a portfolio of insight studies and sources to be able to address a wide range of business needs, pre-empting the key strategic decisions where customer insight will be needed.
- Ensures insight objectives are clear and agreed with key stakeholders, and that the Insight team are exploring the best methodology to drive out robust actionable insights
- Drives innovation and best practice in insight management, keeping abreast of external technical developments and trialling new approaches appropriately.
- Influences strategy and customer-led decision making, by managing a diverse group of stakeholders, across Customer, Retail, Operations and Commercial leadership teams
- Partners with the Senior Customer Experience Design Manager to inform and influence the CE strategy, propositions and plans
- Drives cultural change across the organization to ensure senior stakeholders are constantly putting customers at the heart of their planning and strategic thinking.
Experience for the Customer Insight Manager:
- CIM Marketing and/or MRS research qualification
- Substantial experience in a customer research role, either client or agency-side, across both qual & quant disciplines.
- Experience of people management and team leadership.
- Track record of driving action from insight within a consumer brand.
- Experience of collation, interpretation and analysis of multiple sources of data. Knowledge of complex analytical techniques.
- Retail industry experience.
- Strategy development.
To apply for the Customer Insight Manager role please press the apply button.