An Electronic/Electrical Service Engineer is needed to install, service, test and commission and Variable Speed Drives, Instrumentation, UPS and Control panels for clients in the Yorkshire area.
Reporting to the Service Manager - role will be responsible to attend various customers sites for routine service work on ABB Variable Speed Drives, Soft Starts, UPS and various Instrumentation along with installation and refitting of new for old. Responsive breakdown callouts are also required from engineers on a rota basis.
- Service Existing Customers Drives
- To assist in small installations of MCC's and New for Old Variable Speed Drives and Soft starters
- To install UPS Systems.
- To attend breakdowns to customers sites for reactive maintenance
- To Test and Commission Products offered by the company
- To mark up drawings with modifications.
- To support the support sales team and others with specialised knowledge relating to technical issues
- To liaise with customers on site regarding technical issues and progress of work
- To provide maintain customer relationships for established customers
Experience & Qualifications
- You will be commercially aware and have a strong engineering background in both technical design and manufacture of control panels.
- Ideally you will be qualified to a minimum of C&G Part 1, 2 & 3, BTEC, ONC/ HNC in Electrical/Electronic discipline.
- IEE 17 Edition regulations and 2391 Inspections & Testing Certificate
- Hold a current JIB Skills Card or CCSC Safety Passport
- Direct on Line starting and Start Delta Starting motor knowledge is essential
- Working Knowledge of PLC, Soft Start & Variable Speed Drives, Instrumentation and 4 -20mA Control would be an advantage, however training will be provided.
- You must be customer focused, with a proactive approach to day-to-day work as well as being able to maintain effective relationships with current customers.
- You should have the desire to enhance your product knowledge by use of our key partners training facilities and attend courses when arranged by the company.
- You will also be required to maintain calm under pressure during major plant shutdowns to ensure a prompt and effective and professional service if offered.
- You must be a team player, and be able to contribute towards team goals. You will be required to operate within a rolling rata basis for 24/7 cover.
Call out rota will be required to ensure that business objectives for service demand is maintained
A full and Valid Driving Licence is required as a Company Vehicle, Laptop and mobile phone will be provided.
Please call Adam Jones at CDS Recruitment or click Apply Now if you are interested in this role