£40k - £45k pa + holiday, pension, healthcare| East London| Permanent
Excellent opportunity for someone with supervisor experience to work on a huge project in the heart of London and progress their career within construction management with a Tier 1 contractor/developer.
I am currently working on behalf of one of the top residential developers in London and the UK, they are looking for a Finishing Foreman to work on an exclusive development in East London.
The purpose of this role is to supervise delivery of apartments and communal areas to Block Fit Out Manager and Handover Manager.
This effectively means a candidate will require the expertise to assess technical drawings, be persuasive enough to win over the Ops guys doing the changes and ideally will be from either a Surveying, Engineering or Design background.
- An eye for detail is needed.
- Hugely ambitious.
- Great communications skills are a must.
- IT literate and capable of working under pressure.
- The candidate will need to be able to work in a methodical manner and be a team player.
- CSCS (at least 6 months remaining)
- SMSTS (at least 6 months remaining
- First aid an advantage
- Taking ownership of apartments from package managers and handing over to Handover Manager.
- This position is the pivot between Fit Out and Handover Manager, ensuring quality is achieved as per the agreed benchmarks and specification.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of internals.
- Scheduling and being able to close out issues in a quick and efficient manner will be an advantage.
- The candidate will be at an advantage if they are from a trade background such as carpentry, painting & decorating.
- This position is highly site based and the candidate will be expected to spend 85% of their working day on site.
- Checking quality, signing off completed sections of work.
- Liaising with hand over manager and coordinating cleaning and mastic works. The candidate will need to be able to produce comprehensive snag sheets via tablet.
What's in it for me?
- A chance to join one of the UK's most successful privately owned companies, a true meritocracy with a proven track record of offering promotions based on performance in the role rather than time spent with them.
- The start of a career path where you could feasibly end up as a Fit-Out Project Manager in a few years.
- Chance to work in the heart of London, on a landmark project that you can look back on with pride.
- Huge Project - 3500 units, £1.6b project value - scheduled completion late 2020.
Interested in finding out more about this opportunity? Now accepting CVs.