Beechwood Court is a lovely secluded house with a friendly, family atmosphere set in 9 acres of woodland on the lower slopes of beautiful Conwy Mountain.
Ideal for Church and family holidays; youth groups and schools; individual breaks and retreats, Beechwood Court can accommodate around 60 guests and has 3 lounges, an outdoor multi-sports court, children's play area and bonfire and BBQ facilities.
We currently have a vacancy for a GENERAL ASSISTANT
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Bedrooms and Housekeeping
- Assist with the cleaning and preparation of bedrooms especially on major changeover days.
- Assist as required with the cleaning of bathrooms, handbasins, showers and WC areas.
- Assist with the movement of bedroom furniture, when necessary.
- Carry laundry bags (clean and soiled linen) to and from the various floors.
- Assist with the regular cleaning and tidying of all public rooms, including ground floor toilets, the main stairs and polishing brass (ornaments, plates, door handles etc).
- Wash all crockery, glassware, cutlery and kitchen utensils and pots/pans ensuring they are all cleaned to the highest standard.
- Operate the dishwasher and stack and store appropriately all crockery, cutlery etc. after washing.
- Ensure the dishwasher room is maintained in a sparkling clean, hygienic and tidy condition, involving the wiping down of all surfaces and equipment and mopping the floor after each operation.
- Assist with the laying up of tables and waiting on as required.
- Sweep (and mop as required) the dining room floor after each meal.
- Sweep and mop daily as required the entrance porch.
- Empty all bins downstairs and outside regularly, at least daily.
- Attend to the fireplace every day when in use, ensuring that the hearth is swept and cleaned and ashes are cleared as required; ensure the log store is kept regularly stocked, liasing with the gardener as necessary. Ensure the fire is lit and carefully managed.
- Keep the bin store and adjacent areas constantly clean and in a tidy condition (NB: it is the responsibility of all those who produce rubbish to stack this according to your instructions).
- In liaison with the gardener, burn all burnable rubbish.
- Assist with high level cleaning, light fittings, balustrades, ceilings, walls etc.
- Check and clear the guest washing machine and tumble dryer filters on a regular basis.
Peel potatoes etc. as required by the chef.
- Assist with minor repairs and maintenance as required, e.g. replacing light bulbs, oiling doors, etc.
- In quieter periods, assist with painting and decoration, both internally and externally.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time and which are compatible with the post.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Placements will start from early April 2017.
Please apply by sending a CV/written application by email to Mark Thompson by CLICKING ON APPLY NOW