Roke have an exciting and interesting position for an HR Assistant to work within a very busy HR department at their offices in Romsey on a 1 year fixed term full time contract to cover maternity leave.
- On-boarding of new starters, from generating their offer paperwork to obtaining clearances and references, through to organising their induction.
- Have a full understanding of how the payroll and HR database (Resourcelink) work and be able to cover the work of the Pay & Benefits Advisor.
- Input new starter details onto the payroll and HR database, insuring accuracy of input.
- Obtain a full understanding of HR working practices, policies and processes including flexible benefits, pension, absence, expenses, annual leave etc ensuring you are able to answer employee’s day to day queries.
- Prepare monthly and weekly HR/recruitment statistics. Work with the finance team to generate a Headcount report.
- Administer the Employee awards scheme
- Work extensively with confidential and sensitive information and maintaining manual and electronic filing systems as well as the HR database.
- Issue and amend employee contracts.
- Provide general support to the Head of Function and team on a range of activities as and when required.
- Highly skilled in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous experience in using Resourcelink payroll and HR database is desirable
- Must be a team player with a hands-on and flexible approach
- Organisation and attention to detail are essential.
- Excellent organisational and time management
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities and multiple tasks
- Experience of COGNOS & SAP to create and run reports.
- Knowledge of pension scheme/ auto enrolment legislation
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve HMG security clearance (prior to appointment). As a result, candidates should ideally be a British Citizen however you can hold another nationality and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care. Roke is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.