National Sales Manager - Interin role
This position can be based from home, however you will need to able to spend a significant time away from home and attend head office in Kingston on a regular basis.
An interim opportunity has arisen to join a global market leader in EyeCare leading a dynamic team in an ever evolving Vision Care business. Join us to lead this results driven team towards success through strong leadership, coaching and development upon the cusp of a new product launch. You will be responsible for the national sales team within the Independents channel with 8 direct reports and reporting to the Business Unit Head. Working in collaboration with departments all across the company you will deliver significant sales growth across the UK for our Vision Care business.
You will maintain a high performance sales organization, and effectively achieve business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead nationwide direct sales personnel (Team of 8 direct reports) toward achievement of national sales objectives and margin contributions.
- Ensure the team is an effective and efficient sales organization including driving sales force effectiveness and call reporting.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Provide supervision through co-travels, observations and measurement of results.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts as appropriate.
- Drive and collate local business plans from the Territory Managers on a quarterly basis and ensure regular forecast adjustments are fed into the demand planning process.
- Manage to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Ensure reporting of weekly numbers to the Business Unit Head and to the team in order to effectively track the team’s performance.
- Partner with the BU Head and Key Account team in the development of key customer relationship management. Partner with Key Accounts to leverage opportunities across the whole business.
- Negotiate business deals and contracts as required working closely with the Commercial Analyst and finance to ensure approval on pricing and margins.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Professional Services, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Maintain competitive knowledge and anticipate competitor activity in order to create and adjust sales strategies.
- Attend clinical meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.
- Proven Healthcare and/or FMCG sales experience
- Significant experience managing a direct sales force
- Experience of Managing performance
- You have recognised sales training either from healthcare, FMCG, or other marketplaces and are able to leverage these when training, developing and coaching team members
- You can demonstrate your ability to achieve sales plans.
- You can demonstrate your ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
- You have exceptional negotiation skills.
- You have excellent organisational skills.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills.
- You have a proven ability to lead and manage a diverse sales team
- You can demonstrate the ability to network and build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- You demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- You have business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- You can demonstrate the ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management.
- You are able to commit to travel as required, estimated to be 50% or more. The company head office is in Kingston-Upon-Thames and your team is spread over the country England, Wales and Scotland.
Bausch + Lomb, established in 1853, has been at the forefront of many of the visionary innovations in eye health from optical lenses to contact lenses, from eye drugs to surgery. Now a part of the Valeant group, an aggressively growing multinational pharmaceutical company with the aim of being the 5th largest drug maker by 2016, Bausch + Lomb is even better positioned to continue its relentless pursuit of its mission to help patients across the world to see better, in order to live better.
With a performance culture based on “people, attitude and results”, and a business model focussed equally on organic growth as it is mergers and acquisitions, the pace of change, excitement and opportunity that it brings will suit any individual with a “get up and go” attitude, strong work ethic and appetite to make real, tangible impact in a constantly evolving environment.
The UK organisation employs today around 150 staff, fostering a “small company” mindset with the comfort of a large financial backer from the wider group. We take pride in a team that is wholly dedicated to working in strong collaboration with each other and sharing knowledge and skills readily in order to further the unified company success.
If you want to help the world to see better, in order to live better, please click Apply Now. You will then be re-directed to the Bausch + Lomb site to complete your application.