As a Developer for Access you will form part of the busy Basingstoke team working on our Recruitment solution, you will report to the Recruitment Customer Success Lead. The focus of the role is to provide a development capability with excellent quality as part of the broader implementation team. This will include Browser Based and Winform Software development and configuration and Web Portal Implementation and customisation.
The vast majority of the role will be delivered remotely to customers from the office and the role requires a drive to ensure each customer receives excellent service, the ability to communicate professionally and with authority, both internally and externally to instil confidence amongst all stakeholders in a project, and an attention to detail.
In the role you provide a flexible and detailed development resource for all Access Recruitment products and some services. This will include both working autonomously on small, quick-start projects and working as part of a broader project team on larger projects. The role will include the following tasks:
- Working with your Manager to establish where existing procedures can be refined & improved, ensuring the most efficient use of time and resources.
- Working on multiple development projects at any one time.
- Contributing to the successful delivery of all development services, into the company's software.
- Working to agreed timescales and meeting all deliverable timelines, working closely with the Professional Services, Project Management, Training and Support teams.
- Working with other team members to ensure all development maintains a high levels of consistency and integrity.
- Analysis, Preparation and Execution of data migrations and imports for existing clients and third party software following defined migration procedures.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Work experience in a field that emphasises technical, creative and analytical skills
- Experience in developing with Microsoft SQL Server, C#.Net, ASP.Net and Web Services
- Experience in the manipulation of data in various formats.
- Experience developing with a relational database.
- A proven track record and experience in a development role, ideally within the software / technology sector.
- Knowledge of the Recruitment sector and practices would be advantageous.
- Demonstrate a clear capability to work on development with a variety of programming languages, databases, data manipulation tools and data conversion principles
- Knowledge of databases & software including Microsoft development tools, Microsoft SQL Server, Access, Excel,
- Excellent client facing skills, working with clients at all levels.
- You will have real-world experience of data migration/import and transformation techniques, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- A passion for delivering high quality work and ownership of issues and customer requirements.
- A drive to continually improve processes and systems.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and work on several projects at once.
- The ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team with effective communication skills, actual and virtual.
- A willingness to use and continually develop your skill set to the benefit of yourself and your team.