Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: Fareham, Hampshire
Salary: £7.75 per hour rising to £8.00 per hour after successful probationary period.
Position: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat with Wednesday's off, alternating between 0830hrs to 1700hrs and 0600hrs to 1430hrs with a 30 minute paid and 30 minute unpaid break.
The company's vision is to be the leading independent national supplier of liquid milk, dairy and bakery products to the full spectrum of UK retailers, wholesalers and food service operators.
They're now looking for a Laboratory Technician to join their team based at their processing site at Watson's Dairies Ltd, Fareham, Hampshire.
This position will report to the Quality Manager/ Technical Manager and you will perform quality checks of their milk and dairy products as specified in our quality operating procedures.
- Responsible for undertaking routine laboratory work and performing analysis to operating standards.
- Liaising with internal team members and dealing with their requests and queries.
- To fully understand the importance of safe working practise and procedures related to all areas of their work and be fully aware of all of the required safety requirement needed to perform his/her task and how equipment should be used.
- Understanding and attainment of both individual and department targets including the need for training.
- To fully understand and comply with all department and company policies and guidelines.
- Cooperate in a continuous improvement of quality safety and productivity standards.
- Compliance with food safety and HSE guidelines.
- To carry out instructions as given to you by your line manager.
- Report any non-conforming product or services to the Quality Manager or Technical Manager
- Report any product or machinery faults to the Quality Manager or Technical Manager
- To meet housekeeping and hygiene standards individually and as part of a team.
- Any other dairy duties as required by your Manager
- Work part of a shift pattern which includes Saturday working that covers start up and end of production, 5 days a week.
- Team Player also able to work on own initiative
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Working Knowledge of Excel and Data Input
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Attention to detail
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter.
Candidates with experience of; Lab Technician, Laboratory Technician, Lab Assistant in Science, Senior Laboratory Assistant, Laboratory Engineer, Laboratory Assistant, Lab Technician, Laboratory Tech, Lab Tech may also be considered for this role.