Lead C++ Developer - Linux, London
£50k - 80k per year + Large bonus, benefits| London| Permanent
Principle / Lead C++ Developer - Linux, TCP/IP, London, Telecoms.
Global telecoms leader with hugely ambitious plans for the next two years is seeking a Principle / Lead C++ Developer to join their team at their smart, modern offices in the heart of London, with free gym, subsidised canteen and onsite bar, they can offer a state art environment and a first class career at the very forefront of their arena. A competitive basic salary and full benefits package and strong BONUS are on offer. Large pension also as you would expect.
A key part of my clients business includes their in-house software solutions which are based on advanced networking capabilities. We currently seek a Principle Software Infrastructure Developer with a strong proven background in C and C++. The successful candidate will be a senior contributor to the ongoing development of their platforms and will be valued as a technical expert and a go-to resource throughout their organisation.
- Take responsibility and leadership for ongoing design and development of highly reliable, performant and scalable networked software systems including understanding business requirements and translating these into solutions.
- Solving highly complex problems and translating solutions into robust components in a clear and concise way, finding simplicity in complexity and in accordance with requirements and detailed designs.
- Proactive communication of status and potential impacts on delivery dates and/or expected quality of the tasks and/or the project to Software Managers and other Architects.
- Following and improving our development processes
- Producing detailed design documents that meet department and industry standards.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong C and C++, C# a bonus too.
- In depth Linux networking and software development experience
Desirable Knowledge and Skills: (Non-essential)
- Orchestration tools and environments (Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.)
- Project/Team leadership
- Understanding of IP networking (routing, switching, tunnels etc.)
- Virtualisation technologies (KVM, VMware) - ideal, not essential.
- Mobile Telecommunications protocols (GSM, 3G, 4G, SIP)
- Exposure to Cloud technologies
- Modern networking technologies (SDN, Openflow)