Job Title: Minibus Driver
Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16
Salary: £3,659 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 3rd March 2017
Position: This is a part-time position working term time only Monday - Friday - 7.00am - 9.00am (total 10hrs per week)
The school is a Christian IAPS co-ed day and weekly boarding school for children aged 2½ -13 years situated in 300 acres of woodland, with excellent facilities and a caring family atmosphere. The school is a thriving prep school in the heart of Sussex with a friendly, hardworking and supportive team.
- Operating one of the school's minibus routes, collecting children from given pick-up points along the route and delivering them to school in the morning
- Ensuring that the minibus is kept clean and in good condition, including, but not restricted to:
o Ensuring signs inside the bus are properly attached and in good condition
o Regular visual inspection/checking of tyres, lights, oil, water, fuel
o Ensuring that any additional work required is communicated immediately to the Bursar
o Adhere to all school policies including Health & Safety guidelines for minibus driver
- A full clean UK driving licence, held for more than 3 years is essential and a category D1 and/or PCV licence is desirable. Reliability, punctuality and good communication skills are also necessary.
- Previous work of a similar nature or in a school environment is desirable.
- Clean Driving Licence with Full D1 classification Approved Minibus Driving permit
- At least 3 years driving experience
- Reliability, Punctuality and Good Communication Skills
- High standard of personal cleanliness and tidiness
- Ability to read a vehicle number plate from 67ft (with or without the use of glasses)
- Must be fit and able to drive Must always drive within the road traffic laws, safely and responsibly
- Uniform will be provided
Terms and Conditions:
- This is a part time, term time only position working Monday to Friday 7am - 9am each day
- The first six months of the appointment will be probationary, subject to one week's notice on either side; thereafter, a month's notice will be required on either side.
The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To Apply please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to you by email.
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Minibus Driver, Bus Driver, PCV Driver, School Runs, PCV Driver, Coach Driver, Bus Driver, Driver, PCV Coach Driver, PCV Bus Driver, London Coach Driver, London Bus Driver, PCV Licence, National Express Driver, PSV Driver, DQC, PCV Licence will also be considered for this role.