Packaging Category Ownership
- To ensure the company's sources packaging supplies at the most competitive prices
- Develop detailed knowledge of existing and potential supply base by category – build supplier capability analysis summaries to facilitate benchmarking process
- Challenge the status quo with a view to optimising the supply base to support the company's aggressive growth and innovation agenda
- Apply legal and ethical considerations to all negotiations
- Develop robust market intelligence within individual packaging categories.
- Establish frequent reporting of commodity movements & dialogue regularly with key internal stakeholders
- Evaluate total value chain to define most appropriate sourcing process and execute in line with procurement best practice e.g. RFQ, on line auctions, collaborative sourcing etc
- Maintain a live packaging pricelist database
- Maintenance of packaging suppliers and specifications within prospective databases
- To provide support to new product development and deliver costing enquiries in a timely manner
- To provide support operational support and understanding of packaging performance within the manufacturing environment
- Contribute to the annual standard setting process for packaging materials - provide clear articulation of rationale for assumptions
- Clearly articulate monthly packaging PPV – provide clear articulation of volume and value variances
- To give consideration to total cost in reviewing supplier quotes
- Accountable for giving forward price guidance
- Accountable for accurately forecasting currency requirements where category requires
- Deliver a minimum 4-6% YOY annual cost savings across the packaging portfolio
Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Own and manage category commercial relationships
- Ensure all requirements and special terms of contracts are met
- Develop SRM program or similar framework with strategic suppliers
- Drive the optimisation of product and process with suppliers
- Agree specification with supplier following consultation with key internal stakeholders e.g. Technical, Production and Quality colleagues
- Develop and implement robust supplier risk management process to identify and mitigate potential risks.
- Develop business continuity plans for all strategic and key packaging suppliers
- Negotiate service level agreements and KPI’s following consultation with key internal stakeholders
- Manage packaging nonconformance and effective claim resolution
- The successful candidate will need to have experience within procurement, preferably packaging and FMCG and ideally will be educated to A Level (or equivalent) or above.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and confident in decision making
- They will possess a high level of numeracy and approach tasks in an organised and structured way to ensure systems are maintained accurately and all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills are a definite requirement – written and verbal with both internal and external stakeholders alongside an ability to negotiate effectively.
- Attention to detail required in all aspects of the role along with IT competence.
- Personally you will be approachable, positive, team orientated and able to exit your comfort zone when business demands that little more than the norm.
- The role will demand some travel at times so driving license essential and flexibility to the standard working day when sometimes required.