Project Manager (Rail Vehicle Heavy Maintenance)
If you're a successful Project Manager with experience in rail vehicle heavy maintenance activities, don't miss this superb opportunity to join the professional team at Arriva TrainCare, at the Eastleigh (Southampton) depot.
Arriva TrainCare provides Light and Heavy Train Maintenance services to the railway industry from its five strategically located maintenance depots. The successful, rapidly evolving organisation, is going through a massive transformation at real pace, with a strong order book for 2017 and beyond. Arriva TrainCare is part of Arriva, which is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
You'll be part of a professional team with these core behaviors at heart; One Arriva - We work as one team, 'together we are Arriva'; Great customer experience - We keep our customers happy every day; Doing the right thing - We look after our customers, colleagues and the environment, and always put safety first; Thinking beyond - We are curious and inspired to think beyond today for an even bigger and better Arriva tomorrow.
Working within the Heavy Maintenance team and reporting to the Heavy Maintenance Manager (South) / Head of Projects, you will be responsible for the project management of all aspects of specific heavy maintenance contracts, for the Grand Central Class 180 Project. You will take the lead with the successful mobilisation, deployment and delivery of all aspects of heavy maintenance projects at the Eastleigh (Southampton) depot, including classified repair, overhaul and refurbishment projects.
As Project Manager your duties will include although not be limited to;
- Developing effective internal and external working relationships that deliver all key elements of Heavy Maintenance contracts
- Ensuring all work undertaken is in line with customer, technical and legislative standards and specification(s), and done so in a timely manner and a high standard, in line with customer expectations
- Recruiting, retaining and developing appropriately skilled teams, and undertaking performance appraisals and developing PDPs with direct reports
- Mobilising ready for new projects, including development of deliverables such as resource plans, work breakdown structures, tooling requirements, risk register, Bill of Material(s), Specification Review
- Managing customer interfaces including the leading of Contract Review Meetings
- Delivering pro-active customer management identifying and developing possible opportunities on maximising revenues and cost savings
- Providing management information and Key Performance Indicators
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives, including the development of LEAN techniques and processes
To be considered for this Project Manager role you will have the following experience, qualifications, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Previous experience, involvement and understanding of rail vehicle heavy maintenance activities
- Previous project management experience
- A relevant, professional qualification in mechanical / electrical engineering
- Ability to effectively lead team of people and interface with Executive/Directors
- Have an excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve, in a wide variety of project delivery situations and against planned delivery dates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong analytical techniques
- Excellent IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP
- Self-confident, decisive and resilient
- Ability to adapt to change
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a professional outlook and attitude
- A full UK driving licence
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension, healthcare cover, Arriva Travel Pass, Cycle to Work scheme, Arriva Village retailer discount scheme, and childcare vouchers.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm (flexible)
Contract Type: Fixed term 18 month contract
Location: Eastleigh (Southampton). You will be required to travel to other depots and customer sites as needed.
Arriva is committed to diversity, if you're good and meet the essential criteria outlined above, you're welcome.
This Project Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Arriva TrainCare. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Arriva TrainCare, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Arriva TrainCare requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.