Roke have an exciting and engaging position for a Project Support Officer to join the Project Management business. The remit of the Project Support Officer is to actively support the project management function at Roke by taking on some tasks from PMs, whilst also driving consistency and efficiency into Project Management across the company. The Project Support Officer role is crucial in order for the Project Managers will be released to undertake higher value tasks and have more time to liaise with customers.
To support this, the Project Support Officer will run the Project Support Office (PSO) which will be a service drawing resources from the Admin Team, aspiring Project Managers and Graduates as needed. In future, the service may be extended further to take on more challenging/complex project management activities. In conjunction with the Project Management Practice Area Lead (PM PAL), the Project Support Officer will also be responsible for training the PSO Team.
- The Project Support Officer will support the Project Managers' at Roke by taking on tasks such as:
- Minute taking and action tracking
- Meeting arrangements
- Asset and loan management including ITAR tracking
- Interacting with IT and facilities during project mobilisation
- Set up bid/project folders and configuration management tools
- On secondment projects, assist with timesheets, approve expenses (within limits of DOA) and monitor billing.
- Chasing up contracts for secondments
- Track spend on secondments against contracted hours
- Act as another conduit between Roke and on-site/client-site staff
- Transfer of documents between systems
- Production of delivery documents
- Undertaking project auditing on E-F projects
Some of these tasks will be undertaken by the Project Support Officer directly, others will be delegated to the Admin Team. The Project Support Officer will need to proactively consult with the PM community to identify and deliver these tasks.
In conjunction with the PM PAL, the Project Support Officer will also be responsible for training members of the PSO.
For day to day tasks, the Project Support Officer will report to the PM who they are working for. For policy, procedures and career development they will report to the PM PAL.
The Project Support Officer will be responsible for the timeliness and quality of all tasks which have been delegated.They will work closely with the Finance Team to ensure correct and timely finance data is used at all times, and they will identify improvements opportunities where possible for the BIS/Finance team to consider for implementation.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have authority and gravitas
• Have proven admin skills
• Have an eye for detail
• Be proactive in finding work
• Have good written communication skills
• Have excellent organisational skills
• Ideally have previous experience as a Project Support Officer
Ideally educated to a minimum of A-level or equivalent A formal foundation level PM qualification would be desirable.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve HMG security clearance (prior to appointment). As a result, candidates should be a British Citizen; and have resided in the UK for the last 5years. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care. Roke is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.