Retail Sales Manager - South England
Mercado are seeking an individual to represent the Company in South of England as our Retail Sales Manager. The applicant will be required to look after and work with a successful sales team, they will also be responsible for maximising turnover and profitability for Mercado through leadership, direction and development of the sales team.
The role will be predominantly field based, but there will be a need to attend occasional meetings in either Leeds or regional Distribution Centres in the South of England.
- To provide management development and direction to a team of domestic Sales Representatives.
- To promote the company’s policy and practice on sales behaviours, processes and ethics.
- To take an active role in the promotion of the brand to existing and potential customers.
- To contribute in the selection and marketing of new products.
- To participate in the identification and development of additional products and markets.
- To liaise with the Branch Manager on matters of budget, sales forecasting and KPI measurement.
- To behave at all times as an ambassador of Mercado.
- To manage and develop all accounts.
The role-holder will be based In the South of England and able to travel, on occasion staying away from home. This role is primarily field based and the expectation is that 4 / 5 days per week will be spent in the field.
Reporting to the National Retail Sales Director, a degree of collaboration around the financial performance of Mercado would be expected, as would a full role in the budgeting process.
The role-holder would be expected to manage, monitor and develop Sales Representatives against agreed sales targets and performance KPI’s. They would also be expected to be aspirational as it is desirable that they develop both the business and themselves, should a larger role within Headlam becomes available.
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Work with and assist a large team of Sales Representatives.
- Able to demonstrate good basic numerical reasoning
- Able to set, agree and measure against performance objectives.
- Able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and a level of achievement in career to date.
- Able to describe and implement Headlam methodology such as journey planning, objective setting, KPI monitoring etc.
- Able to demonstrate strong sales skills and successful track record.
- Able to build and maintain positive relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Be Based in the South of England
Please apply online today with your CV and covering letter.