Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £45,000 and £47,500 depending on the individual candidate's experience
Our client is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer within the structural engineering section of the firm to deal with an increase in workload and assist in the further development and growth of the team and the firm.
Our client is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic candidate to manage and work on the designs of various infrastructure projects. These roles predominantly cover the North of England, centred on Leeds, but will occasionally include sites across the UK.
This position is based within the civil engineering design team which is responsible for the design of highway and drainage schemes for commercial, industrial and residential developments.
Experience in road (Section 38 & 278) and drainage (Section 104) design is required and you should be familiar with relevant design software packages such as Micro drainage, PDS and AutoCAD.
The ideal candidate must be eligible to live and work in the UK and will ideally have at least 10 years previous UK based consultancy experience within this field of work and possess a relevant qualification in Civil Engineering, preferably to degree standard. Professional status would be an advantage (such as C.Eng or I.Eng)
The suitable candidate will possess:
- Capability to work independently or with the design team
- Ability to effectively delegate work to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff
- Experience in designing sites from inception to completion, including the preparation of FRA reports/drainage appraisals and incorporating SUDS in accordance with the Local/Water Authority requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of current technical standards
- Excellent time and management skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous experience in dealing with clients and attending design team meetings
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Free on-site parking
- Pension contribution scheme
- Health scheme and other company benefits, and opportunities to engage with a professional, ambitious team.
If you are able to show the relevant experience from a similar role and you are a chartered structural engineer then please apply.