£50-£59k + 7.5% bonus + benefits| Central London| Permanent
SENIOR QUALITY TEST ENGINEER – Estates Gazette - Test Automation / Agile Based in Holborn, London WC1V 6EU
SENIOR QUALITY TEST ENGINEER FOR ESTATES GAZETTE (FTSE100 RELX GROUP) – AMBITIOUS & TALENTED TEAM, CREATING NEXT-GEN ONLINE DATA PRODUCTS – TEST AUTOMATION / MANUAL / EXPLORATORY TESTING / AWS / AGILE / MEAN STACK
- Senior Quality Test Engineer for Estates Gazette – Major career opportunity in thriving and innovation led online brand.
- Estates Gazette is part of RBI Media and the FTSE100 RELX Group.
RBI are looking for an experienced QA engineer with excellent test automation skills and experience of working in forward thinking agile teams to join one of our flagship digital brands based in our London, High Holborn offices.
You will be part of a proactive technology team built on the ethos of continuous improvement. You’ll bring experience and energy to an ambitious and talented team, and have a desire to learn and teach in equal measure. This is as much about your contribution to a happy, collaborative environment, as it is technical excellence.
Our product portfolio delivers deep data insight via new web applications to leading property professionals across the UK. The successful candidate will need to hit the ground running, having a proven track record in ensuring quality for enterprise level web applications. We have high standards. Getting through the door isn’t easy, but once you’re here you’ll get to work with some of the best technologists around.
- Experienced QA engineer with excellent test automation skills and experience
- A desire to learn and teach in equal measure
- Work with exciting new tech - AngularJS, Node JS, Mongo, Amazon Services, Browser Stack, Selenium and more
- Promote and encourage QA, agile and continuous delivery best practice within the team, baking quality into all processes
- Research, advise and champion tools and process improvement for consideration by the team
- The disposition and will to mentor less experienced team members in the use of automation tools
- Driving and steering in-sprint testing process with little support
- Use of Selenium
- Cucumber or Specflow to run BDD tests
- Experience testing APIs
- Experience of integrating automated tests with continuous integration pipelines
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder skills
- The will, ability and patience to mentor
It’s worth noting that whilst Estates Gazette is a hugely successful brand in its own right, it’s also part of Reed Business Information and the FTSE100 RELX Group, powerhouses in the global digital world and hugely respected tech-driven businesses. This means that we’re able to offer the best-of-both-words, a close-knit, collegial, flexible and dynamic team but with the stability, investment, benefits and career opportunities that go with being part of a growing global organisation.
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including property, banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
What’s it like to work here?
Outstanding - you’ve probably already got a feel for what we do and the technology we’re involved with but what differentiates us from the crowd is our culture. We’re an agile, dynamic and forward thinking organisation who understand the importance of looking after our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products, providing our employees with interesting challenges for their personal and career development whilst also striking the right balance between work and family life. We’re able to offer the best-of-both-words, a close-knit, collegial, flexible and dynamic team with the stability, investment, benefits and career opportunities that go with being part of a growing global organisation.
In addition to all of this we offer the following 'core' benefits:
- 29 days holiday
- 2 paid charity days (as a business we do a lot of charity work)
- Pension and life assurance scheme
- SAYE Share Options Scheme
- AIP (bonus), car allowance, childcare and medical benefits available at more senior levels within the business.
And what about your career?
Career development is important to us and we take our personal development plan (PDP) process very seriously; we want you to learn and progress quickly in the direction you want to go and we will provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace. Career wise our company is made up of many leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions, vertically through the business, across different brands, and across different functions (if you fancy a change). We’re an increasingly international business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.