Due to relocation our current Signalling design manager within Mott MacDonald, we are now seeking a replacement based in our Manchester office.
You will be responsible for the provision of professional signal engineering input throughout the complete project lifecycle (GRIP 1-8), with a particular emphasis on GRIP 3, 4 and 5 design. Currently there are 8 engineers in your team.
Responsibilities will be on a project by project basis and the management of signal engineering input into:
- feasibility studies/option analysis/appraisal;
- scheme development; detailed design;
- design checking; project management;
- technical advisor; project engineering;
- acting as responsible design engineer.
In collaboration with other discipline colleagues carry out business development as required.
Contribution to the engineering input to multi-disciplinary railway engineering (design and consultancy) projects
Observation of company quality, health and safety, environmental, commercial and project management disciplines and procedures, as relevant to tasks undertaken.
We will need you to have most of the experience listed below:
- IRSE 1.1.160 Signalling Design Verifier and/or 1.1.145 Signalling Design Manager licence.
- Ideally an electrical engineering degree or alternatively, a suitable rail industry recognised qualification
- Extensive experience in signalling design and engineering management within a consultancy environment
- Ability to plan and produce compliant signalling schemes with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of signalling principles, circuits, components and the implications of working with other disciplines
- Must be a good team facilitator and decision maker
- Customer focused with commercial and financial awareness.
Last day of application is Sunday 19 March 2017
Interviews will take place w/c 27 March 2017
We're a global management, engineering and development consultancy. We employ over 16,000 people, delivering projects in 150 countries across Africa, Asia Pacific and Australasia, Europe, the Middle East, North and South America, and South Asia. But our clients and employees get the kind of openness, friendliness and personal commitment you might associate with a much smaller business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.