GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
There is a vacancy for a highly skilled operator working within the Canopy Shell manufacture area. The Operator will be expected to manufacture complex acrylic structures (Canopy Shells). Attention to detail and an understanding of the material and fine tolerances are paramount. The Operator will need to have a good understanding of customer drawing requirements and specifications. The successful applicant will need to be a time served skilled operator preferably with a woodworking background.
- The Skilled Operator will manufacture a variety of Acrylic and Terylene details whilst ensuring they maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- They will be expected to use various fitting techniques such as gluing, scribing, cutting, measuring, trimming, molding, use of ovens and band saws.
- They must also be competent with the use Jigsaws, planers, grinders, routers, drills and hand tools.
- The Skilled Operator will be expected to understand various manufacturing techniques and be able to read and interpret drawings, specifications and other engineering documents.
Please note, we are recruiting for both day (5) and night shift (1) positions.
- Time served City and Guilds with a woodworking back ground preferred. Minimum qualification NVQ level 3 may be considered.
- Have an awareness of quality systems such as FOD prevention.
- Have an understanding of EHS.
- Basic IT knowledge.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Be pro-active and work as part of a team.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy to a very high standard.
- Have excellent hand/eye coordination.
- Positive approach to problem solving.