SQL Server Helpdesk DBA
A successful growing consultancy firm in Basingstoke who specialise in DBA and managed services are looking to onboard a SQL Helpdesk DBA to their team - servicing multiple clients. This would include a Business as Usual Managed Support services as well as any project based requirements that come up.
The company are an SME who are looking to grow their team of passionate and hardworking technology enthusiasts. With great client retention, they are keen to bring on people with a positive and hardworking attitude who can continue to work with their high valued clients.
Occasional travel to client site will be required for service management meetings and project work (travel expenses paid).
You will work with clients against a documented SLA across the following areas:
- Incident management
- Performance management
- Problem management
- High availability solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- At least 3 years of experience in SQL Server DB administration
- Backups restores and recovery models
- Patching, upgrades, migrations
- High Availability solutions
- Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience of multiple versions of SQL Server up to 2016
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to provide application support and business process understanding
You must have eligibility to work in the UK for this position.