We are currently looking for a Strategic Supplier Manager to join our purchasing and procurement team in Southampton Hampshire, which is accountable for providing critical business and technology services across the wider group.
The strategic supplier manager will work direct with all aspects of Old Mutual Wealth's (OMW) relationships in particuler our high profile suppliers.
The strategic supplier manager will require senior stakeholder engagement and close interaction with 'Supplier Relationship Owners and also the Business Owners, so that all aspects of the relationship are effectively reported, evolving Business needs are met and where necessary, risks and other matters are escalated and managed to resolution.
This position plays a pivotal role in our purchasing and procurement team and will provide the successful candidate with fantastic exposure across Old Mutual Wealth as a whole.
- Ensure OMW functions are appropriately informed and aligned to support the relationship effectively. Proactively manage relationship with the SRO, driving a two way dialogue on relationship status using judgment to define appropriate intervals and level of reporting according to situation with an agreed escalation process.
- Be an advocate for the Strategic Supplier(s) within OMW and where appropriate promote their services, ensuring appropriate engagement across OMW.
- Be inspirational and collaborative with immediate and wider stakeholders on how supplier management is performed effectively
- Chair monthly 'Commercial Management Review Meeting', Quarterly Management Review meeting and participate in APEX Meetings as appropriate with the Supplier as specified in their various contracts.
- Attend the appropriate Project and / or Services Review Meetings (and audit and risk review meetings as necessary) and ensure they operate effectively.
- Supplier documents all risks as part of the regular governance forums and ensures actions, mitigations and controls are followed and suitable evidence is available to demonstrate compliance.
- Supplier risks and mitigations are reviewed with and fed into OMW operational risk reporting.
- Alignment with OMW's Risk Appetite Framework and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and ensure that any new risks that impact for example: customer outcomes, operational performance and commercial aspects are identified with appropriate reporting and additional actions or controls put in place with the supplier.
- Coordination with audit and risk any supplier audits and reviews.
- Investigations are carried out and checks undertaken as a 2 nd line of defense to ensure the supplier is performing their duties as agreed and expected
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Excellent customer focus
- Ability to build internal and external relationships at all levels
- Confident at communicating and influencing across all levels of the organisation
- Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work well under pressure and hit time sensitive deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team (including other areas OMW business units)
- Open to, and advocate of, new ideas and change
- Educated to undergraduate degree level (preferred though not essential)
- 10+ years' experience of working in a senior capacity in a multi-supplier management role
- Member (or studying towards) Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
- Proven experience of applying Supplier Management (SM) Processes and Governance for large strategic 3rd party vendors.
- A track record of successful Supplier Management execution, delivery and savings within a complex supplier environment.
- Ability to manage existing on-going large Framework Suppliers, also implement & imbed SM for new Suppliers.
- High value/business Contract and License process expertise including on-going Commercial Management, re-negotiation or new-Tender planning and execution, for multi-£M spend
- Proven experience of Contract Analysis and Reporting methodology.
- Proven experience of leading high performing cross-functional teams, and leading effective conflict resolution and supplier performance management
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Salary & Benefits:
At Old Mutual Wealth we offer an innovative and flexible reward package. In addition to your starting salary, we also offer:
- Sharesave Scheme
- Access to a great range of offers and discounts from well-known retailers
- Season ticket loans
- The ability to buy and sell holiday
- Bonus - most employees are eligible to participate in our bonus scheme, based on the company and personal performance
- Pension Scheme - non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions