35 hours per week
12 months fixed term contract (maternity cover)
Guinness Care have a new opportunity based in Southsea. The position is to work 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 09:00 - 17:00, with the occasional late shift 12:00-20:00.
The purpose of this role is to provide adults with mental health, learning disabilities, physical health concerns and elderly people with intensive support, guiding them towards independent living. Experience of working with these client groups would be an advantage.
A full driving licence and use of a vehicle is required
• Demonstrates a sensitive and supportive approach to vulnerable people maintaining their dignity and self respect at all times.
• Knowledge of welfare benefits.
• Good written and oral communication, numeracy, IT and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of organisations providing services to vulnerable people.
• Ability to cope with aggressive and volatile situations.
• Understanding of Health and Safety issues.
• Experience of supported housing work including housing management, advocacy and debt management.
• Appropriate professional or vocational qualification.
If you are interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to ensure you meet the essential criteria.
Closing Date: Thursday 30th March 2017 at 5pm
We deliver a variety of services across the country for people of all ages, with a focus on older people. We offer care and support services to people in their communities and in their own homes. Our dedicated and skilled teams enable people to maintain their independence safely and securely.