Systems Engineers & Senior Engineers - Defence
£35000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefit| Southampton, Luton, Bristol, Edinburgh| Permanent
Our client is quite simply a world leader in engineering, development and service to the Defence and Aerospace industries. With a presence in over 200 countries around the globe and nearly 50,000 employees worldwide they are at the leading edge of technology in their fields.
Working as part of an established systems engineering community and supported by a team of experienced engineers, you will be responsible for:
- Elicitation and understanding of stakeholder needs to support the development and management of the system-level requirements
- Performing requirements analysis and iterative refinement to capture accurate definitions
- Involved in functional design and support systems design decisions and sub-system level analysis tasks
- Support to solution reviews and trade-off studies to ensure compliance of technical solutions and fitness for purpose
- Work closely with engineering and other functions within the IPT (Integrated Project Team) to support solution/design changes
- Using technical expertise to solve problems, generate ideas and be pro-active within the team
- Delivering to agreed performance targets, including cost and schedule
- Communicate progress and performance within the team and to the wider IPT
- Liaise with customer and partner companies
- Support bid preparation though input to technical solutions and cost estimates
- Take an active role in engineering process improvement, ensuring the communication of best practise across the IPT and within the systems engineering team.
Essential Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You will have knowledge and experience in several of the following areas:
- A degree-level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Experience of the systems engineering lifecycle and associated reviews
- Familiar in the development of airborne sensor systems in some phases of the systems engineering lifecycle, ideally with experience of RF or RADAR technologies and performance
- Working knowledge of engineering development tools
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation for designs, reports and presentations and tailor communication method to be appropriate for the given audience
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a range of technical and operational topics
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion
- Able to work with minimum direction/supervision on complex tasks
- Confidence and ability to challenge/respond to technical/process issues.
- Willing to obtain SC-level security clearance. In addition, some roles may require clearance to access caveated information, such as UK Eyes Only and ITAR
Is This You?
Do you want to work for a world leading, technologically innovative company with an outstanding reputation? If you have the skills described above then do not delay, send your application to us and we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the vacancy further.