Filter your Jobsite applications quickly: ask your own questions
Your time is precious and we know every moment spent sifting through job applications is time that could be better spent elsewhere. So we've made it even easier to filter your applications with flexible Application Form Questions.
Application Form Questions lets you ask detailed questions specific to each vacancy. Choose from multiple choice questions or give the candidate space to answer in their own words.
To make the process even quicker, if you tell us the correct answers to any multiple choice questions, we'll score each application so you can look at the best ones first.
How do I start using Application Form Questions?
To start using Application Form Questions, your account manager needs to enable the technology on your account.
How do I create questions?
- click on Application Form Questions in your Jobsite recruiter homepage
- click Add New Question and type your question
- choose from multiple choice or free text (where the candidate answers in their own words)
- if you choose multiple choice, tell us which answer is correct so we can score your applicants
Can I just ask certain types of applicants certain questions?
Yes. You can create questions to:
- Ask every applicant to any job
- Only ask applicants to specific types of roles, like sales
- Only ask applicants for a particular job
How many questions should I add?
It's up to you how many questions you add but we recommend choosing carefully – long application forms can put some people off applying.
How to I add questions to a new vacancy?
To add questions to a new vacancy, you need to:
- Click Add Vacancy
- Complete the vacancy form
- When you get to the application form section, click Add Questions. A new page will open.
- Add individual questions by clicking and dragging them into the darker blue box. Also use the drag and drop function to remove or re-order questions.
For regular questions for certain job types, your administrator can create groups.
To add a group of questions:
- click the green arrow next to the group
To add individual questions from your Stored Questions list:
- drag and drop the question in to the blue box (do the same to remove)
To create a new question:
- click the Add a Question button in the Stored Questions area
When you're happy with your selections, click Save and Close.
Can I edit questions after my vacancy has gone live?
Yes, you can edit or add questions up to 4 hours after posting as long as nobody has applied yet.
Can I ask anything I like?
We recommend steering clear of questions on race, age and gender as they could be construed as discriminatory. Candidates can also report any questions they feel are inappropriate.
How do I receive the applicant scores/answers?
We can send your applicant scores/answers by email with the candidate's application, or you can log into your Jobsite recruiter homepage to see them. We've added a new column called Application Questions. If the application could be scored you'll see a percentage. To view a candidate's answers, just click on Application Questions.
Start adding your own questions to your vacancies today: call your account manager on 0844 561 9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to activate the service on your account.