Neg.| Portsmouth, Southampton, Eastleigh, Winchester, Whiteley, Guildford| Permanent
A leading safety focussed solution provider operating within the aviation sector, is looking a Data Scientist to join them.
This is a great opportunity for a Data Scientist to join an established, successful organisation and help them increase their data science capability.
The successful Data Scientist will have the following skills and experience:
- Advanced understanding of statistics and ability to communicate statistical concepts.
- Knowledge of machine learning.
- Competency with Python programming.
- Solid understanding of database structures and the ability to create SQL queries.
- The ability to transform database content.
- Experience of interpreting, analysing and modelling data.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Exposure to using R language - desirable.
- Experience with big data frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, Dask) - desirable.
The responsibilities of the Data Scientist will include:
- Development and management of a range of statistical reports in the form of dashboards.
- Prototype, develop and implement machine learning algorithms.
- Liaising with customers for ad-hoc data analysis and development of predictive models.
- Develop statistical visualisation front-end for presentation of statistical results.
- Liaison with software development team.
- Design systems to discover trends and patterns.
To apply for this position, please forward your cv to ****************************