Morson International are currently recruiting for a Head of Engineering to join a global manufacturing business who operate in the Aerospace and Defence sectors. This is a permanent position based in Portsmouth. As a key member of the site leadership team, the Head of Engineering will be responsible for engineering design and development.
You will be responsible for leading the development of the next generation of technology at the site. It is essential that you have experience of systems development within the Aerospace sector. You will lead a multi-disciplined team of engineers including designers and development engineers.
- Managing the site R&D and Design Engineering and Test activities.
- Responsibility for the office and workshop environments and ensuring they are safe places to work.
- Managing the terms and conditions and personal development of staff in the Engineering & Technology team, including apprenticeships and student placements.
- Delivering the R&D programmes to time, cost and quality.
- Scoping and management of the Engineering and Technology budget.
- Regular formal and informal reporting of progress and finances.
- Securing appropriate levels of financial gearing for the R&D programmes through collaborations; consortium membership and government initiatives, etc.
- Creating and sustaining a strong link between the Engineering & Technology activities and the site operations.
- Maintaining strategic technology relationship/partnerships with key customers, companies, and academic bodies.
You will be degree qualified in an engineering discipline (or equivalent) with experience of system development within an aerospace environment. You will also have knowledge of leading engineering and technology projects. You will have the ability to manage, lead and motivate a team as well as provide technical leadership.
We are looking for applicants who have excellent knowledge of the entire design process to aerospace requirements.