QA Tester, Test engineer
£30-40k+health,pension, Bens| Southampton, Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Winchester, Fareham, Alton| Permanent
Test Engineer, QA Tester, Agile, PHP, Applications
Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire
Salary: £30-40k + Healthcare, Benefits and holidays
We’re looking for a Test Engineer to help influence a newly formed test team; building up automation and test practices. As part of the team you will work with both the commercial and technical sides of our business to help paint better pictures faster for our clients as we strive to create and deploy the most highly regarded customer feedback software platform in the world.
About This Top 100 Fast Growth Tech Company
We offer a technical career filled with opportunity and possibility. You’ll join a growing team of engineers as we build a research platform designed for the future.
Our culture is open and collaborative and you’ll get to work in an open-plan office with lots of like-minded individuals. Joining our technical division is an opportunity to help shape the direction and development of some truly unique and advanced feedback systems, used to provide actionable insight to some of the world's most recognised brands. It’s an exciting time and an ideal time to join our expanding team where you will have the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.
Benefits of working Here:
- Annual staff presentations and company socialising, as well as regular staff events and outings
- The office is set in a beautiful setting
- A creative and collaborative working environment
- Impromptu pizza deliveries, BBQ’s and bakery buffets
- Variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks & drinks provided
- Company pension scheme, health care cash plan and BUPA
- 22 days’ holiday plus one week for personal development and time off at Christmas
- Cycle scheme, childcare vouchers and free eye tests
- Chance to be part of an energetic and diverse company culture
The Role for the QA Test Engineer
As a Test Engineer you will be working closely with both business and technical teams to introduce preventative measures to try and stop defects before they are introduced, as well as having strong exploratory skills which you’ll utilise expertly to catch issues as the software is developed. This will include helping to build a culture that accepts that some mistakes and failures are a natural result of being Agile.
The ideal QA Test candidate will be an ambitious professional, who is able to teach us a thing or two. You will also have a deep interest in your work and community, and would like to help contribute something back. You will be encouraged and given the opportunity to innovate, experiment with new tools and techniques, participate in hackathons and drive us onto the bleeding edge of the test profession.
QA Tester Required skills
- You have a strong knowledge and experience of using Agile software development practises, and how best to integrate testing within Agile project teams for max effectiveness.
- You have 2+ years hands-on software testing experience.
- You have experience helping to build an automation framework E.G. selenium.
- You are analytically adept, and know how to best report on this analysis.
- You have in-depth full-stack knowledge of web technologies, and their weaknesses. But most of all, you want to try new things and have fun experimenting.
- Ability to report on and monitor software quality (as defined by the team).
- Ability to rapidly experiment and report your results in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to start testing as early as planning and prioritisation meetings.
- Ability to break down complex software quickly, for rapid learning and testing.
- Excellent ability to question everything, and remain sceptical when others are confident.
- Experience with helping “shift left”.
- An understanding of when to automate a test, and when not to.
- Ability and enthusiasm to adapt to today's fast-changing technical landscape.
- Preferably some programming experience.
We want to give exceptional candidates the opportunity to succeed. Alongside our host of benefits, you will join an exciting and dynamic global technology company alongside a diverse and vibrant team. If this sounds like your kind of place, get in touch. Send your CV with a covering letter to james.