Job Title: Senior Bid Manager
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 + Package
To convert pipeline opportunities into winning bids/order closure to meet the Business Strategy and in line with corporate governance practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To act as chief of staff on bids supporting the Bid Director by ensuring consistency of approach across a multi-function team while achieving milestones within the bid process.
- To manage the day to day bid effort on bids, including governance, solution development and bid production.
- To assist the Programme Director to convert bid strategies into compliant bids for submission across the business units.
- Assist in the handover to the transition team to ensure a thorough understanding of the solution and customer needs.
- Manage internal resources to ensure all areas of the bid are correctly represented by appropriate elements of Defence & Security e.g. Supply Chain, Commercial, Health and Safety, Finance, HR etc.
- Assist in the development of the solution and the incorporation key winning themes consistently across the bid submission.
- Ensure consistency across the bid in style, format and language
- Manage proposals in line with the Groupís corporate governance policies, processes and procedures including those relating to Health and Safety, security and environment;
- Create and maintain a risk register for every bid in line with Company processes; understand competitor tactics and behaviour to shape the proposal and mitigate risks.
- Assist with and manage the development of the technical, commercial and financial solution as the bid progresses with the relevant SMEs.
- To challenge the status-quo on our bid approaches to consistently deliver better savings and efficiencies than our competitors.
- Ensure bids adhere to customer schedule and target cost.
- Manage all project documentation using appropriate and secure mediums.
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure they understand the opportunities, agree with the technical solution and can deliver the commitments being made in the bid.
- Oversee production of the proposal documentation in accordance with best practice and business governance processes.
- Manage all project reviews in accordance with established policies
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in managing multi-disciplined teams on large complex programmes.
- Project Management experience.
- Previous experience of bid process and procedures.
- Sound understanding of Partnering between Government/Agencies/Private industry.
- Knowledge of dealing with Government customers.
- Proven history of bid winning and contract delivery.
For further information, please contact Andrew Collins on ****************************.
Reference code 1702.