Trainee Engineering Technician – Material Handling / Automation / Manufacturing
I am currently looking to recruit a Trainee Engineering Technician to join my client based in Andover
Trainee Engineering Technicians play an important part in supporting the operation in our state of the art, automated distribution warehouse. Working closely with Inbound, Outbound and other support teams to optimise availability and performance of the facility, and its automated equipment. Complete first line of breakdown support plus technical cleaning of the equipment whilst ensuring that it does not adversely affect its performance.
The role is shift based to support the 24/7 operation of the distribution centre and is designed to be a role that offers potential career development opportunities.
This is a role which offers a career path and serious career development.
The role will involve:
Respond promptly to all faults within your designated areas and undertake preventative maintenance checks with the aim of reducing jams and faults.
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), resolving issues and actioning repairs
- Perform daily housekeeping and technical cleaning duties of equipment
- Analyse data to find solutions to improve MHE ( Material Handling Equipment ) performance, providing reports where necessary
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
- Equipment Training will be given and is ongoing
- Please note this role is shift based to support the 24/7 operation
- Monday to Friday which includes shift work as and when required
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Some technical ability and understanding relating to automation would be preferred, but training can be given
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise
- Knowledge of or an understating of control systems would also be preferred
- Understanding of production, picking and storage MHE systems, gained from experience in an automated environment.
- Have an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to analyse and impart knowledge.
- Experience of working with computerised maintenance management systems.
- Experience of working within an engineering environment would be desirable. Flexibility of working pattern as and when required by business needs
- PC Literate
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.